If you have ever purchased firearms, you are aware from the transfer fees most dealers charge to simply accept a firearm, conduct experience check then sell the firearm to you. Most dealers charge a typical fee which range from $15.00 to $50.00 and sometimes more. If you buy just a couple firearms a year you can save by obtaining your ffl license.
The Gun Control Act (18 U.S.C. sec. 923(d)) gives the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms the opportunity to oversee businesses that deal in firearms sales and repair. There are a lot of rules and regulations that you’ll want to understand to be able to get yourself a ffl license.
Tikka T3X Lite Veil Wideland is really not too hard to acquire a ffl license, and the ATF will approve the application if the applicant:
* Is 21 years or older;
* Is not prohibited from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition;
* Hasn’t willfully violated the Gun Control Act or its rules;
* Has not willfully didn’t disclose information or willfully made false statements concerning facts on his application;
* Has a place (which in many cases can be your home) for conducting business or collecting for C&R; and the applicant certifies that:
1. The business to become conducted under the federal firearms license isn’t prohibited by State or local law where the business is located;
2. Within 30 days following when the application qualifies the company will adhere to the requirements State and local law applicable towards the conduct of the business;
3. The company will not be conducted underneath the federal firearms license before the requirements of State and local law applicable to the business have been met;
4. The government firearms license applicant has sent or delivered an application to the chief law enforcement officer where business is located notifying the officer that the applicant promises to obtain a federal firearms license.
5. Secure gun storage or safety devices is going to be available at any place in which firearms are sold under the license to persons who are not licensees (“secure gun storage or safety” defined in 18 U.S.C. 921 (a) (34).
There myths that state you can’t sell out of your home. This is not totally true. Even though some cities and state codes and ordinances prohibit home businesses, there are a lot of that time period you can sell out of your residence.
There are no guarantees that the application is going to be accepted, however if you simply have not applied before, a simple mistake could get your federal firearms license application denied or delayed, so be mindful in preparing the application.
With a brand new President potential in office it is usually uncertain of what new legislation is going to be passed when it comes to gun dealers. What if future home federal firearms licenses are banned? Chances are existing dealers could be grandfathered in the new legislation and protected. This is a very good reason get your federal firearms license now.